Most of today’s high performance Motorcycles, ATVs & Watercraft are using various coatings inside the cylinder bore.
These coatings include nikasil, ceramic and chrome.
The main function of these coatings is to reduce internal friction. These coatings have a high resistance to wear, but they do wear.
Many things promote cylinder wear:
- Dirt or water entering the cylinder
- Dad ignition
- Retarded timing
- Incorrect jetting
- Leaking head gasket
- Air leaks
- not bringing the engine up to temperature before a ride.
RPM’s Cycles can provide all these services, by far the most cost-effective and long-term choice is to install a cylinder sleeve.
- Have your cylinder re-plated
- Buy a new factory cylinder
- Have your cylinder re-sleeved
Please Contact RPM’s Cycles 326 Merrill Rd. Pittsfield, MA 01201 Phone: 413-443-5659 firstname.lastname@example.org